This guide describes how to install FAUbox Client on Windows based operating systems.
1. Download the FAUbox installer
1. Download the Windows Installer for FAUbox from our website.
You can either download by clicking on Clients on the frontpage of the webinterface …
… or by clicking on the Download Client tab after you have logged into your account.
2. Download the installation program.
3. Afterwards, open the file and accept the prompt about user control.
4. Now you have to accept the license agreement and click on I Agree, …
6. Finished! After the reboot, the FAUbox is installed on your device and you can log into the client.
If you intend to run the client under a different account name, than the one used for installing the client (e.g. administrator account) please follow these instructions after the installation.
1. After installing the FAUbox, choose I wang to manually reboot later in step 5. and then click on Finish.
2. Log in with the account with which you want to use the client later.
3. Right click on the FAUbox-Desktop-Shortcut and select Properties.
4. Now you have to click on the Security tab and then on Edit.
5. You will now be asked to provide administration credentials in order to edit these settings. Enter the administrator credentials and click on OK.
6. Afterwards, click on Add.
7. Enter the name of the non-admin account, with which you plan on using the FAUbox client. Click on Ok to confirm the changes.
4. Start the FAUbox
The installation progress is finished. If the FAUbox didn’t start automatically you can use the Start Menu or your desktop to open the client.
The following guide may help you to get used to the FAUbox Client faster and use better and it more efficiently.
Client Update on Windows