- Onlyoffice does not save files in the old format
Onlyoffice has discontinued support for the old file formats (. xls, . doc, . ppt, . . . ). Documents with old formats should be converted to the new format (. xlsx, . docx, . pptx, . . . ) before editing with Onlyoffice.
- Error message after installing/updating the FAUbox Client while using macOS Catalina
Apple users who are using the operating system macOS Catalina will currently receive the following error message after installing/updating the FAUbox client:
You can simply bypass the message by right-hand-clicking on the file and choosing “open”.
- Links can no longer be used for upload
The permission to “read/write” is limited to the possibility to edit linked documents together. A link that allows both uploads and downloads is an “open relay” which is very likely to be misused by criminals as a fleamarket for criminal content. Please use the Upload Forms for linked uploads.
- Links to Office and Text documents are currently not displayed as links but opened as documents directly in Onlyoffice
If you don’t want this to occur, you have to link them zipped. A “.zip” file is displayed normally as a link and you can download the file.
- SSO-User can not use their Quota the first time they log in to the FAUbox
In this case, please log out and log in once again. You should be able to use your Quota once you have logged in for the second time.
- Activating the guest account does not work
The problem most likely lies in choosing a password that does not meet the guidelines. Please make sure your password meets the following criteria:
- no space
- at least one lowercase letter
- at least one uppercase letter
- at least one digit
- at least one special character
- at least 8 characters long
- The „PowerFolder Outlook Add-In“ does not work for SSO users at the moment. The error will be fixed with one of the next versions. Workaround: You can send files to external person by either creating and sending links or by inviting the external person to the FAUbox.
- Some users encounter an “unknown error” in OnlyOffice while trying to open .docx-files in the cloud. This is a browser error and was only associated with Mozilla Firefox until now. You can fix the problem by deleting the browser cache and restarting Firefox.
- The client rejects the authentication token. If the server rejects the authentication token and the client does not realize this, it will not be able to connect successfully. If this happens, then:
- Close the client.
- Delete the data
- Restart the client and log in.
Please note that the authentication token has an expiry date and has to be renewed afterward.
- Android client crashes on login (Android 13)
Momentarily, the installation is not possible for users with Android 13. It is expected that the next version allows this again.
- Add members to a group (fixed)
FAUbox users can be added to a group by their FAUbox user ID. Due to a software error, it is currently not possible to invite people to the group via e-mail.
In case your problem and its solution were not listed above, you may find them in the FAQs.
If the problem remains or you notice something not working as it is supposed to, then please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not try to solve this yourself since we have more options and methods to solve problems.