- My client can’t connect to the server when I use a protected network (like ZUV, Medizinnetz, …). Protected networks do not allow usual network connections. Therefore the client has to change to another protocol (HTTP) in order to transfer its encrypted content. Currently, the only connection type allowing this kind of transfer is “Server”. You can change the connection type by opening the client -> preferences -> network ->connections->Server
Furthermore, the FAUbox client should be updated to the newest client-version which is currently version 14.11.100.
- Mistake by renaming folders
If you want to rename your folder, the new folder name should not end in a space or some special symbol. Otherwise you will no longer see the files in your renamed folder. If this mistake happened to you, it is enough to remove the forbidden symbol from the folder name to access your data again.
- Error with invitations
Occasionally, when invitations are sent via e-mail, two accounts may be set up by mistake and the user may not be able to see the shared folder. The error will be fixed with one of the next versions.
As the Owner, you can avoid the error by sending the invitation via the web portal and clicking on the corresponding entry in the proposal list after entering the e-mail address.If you are invited, please contact FAUbox Support.
- The „PowerFolder Outlook Add-In“ does not work for SSO-users at the moment. The error will be fixed with one of the next versions. Workaround: You can send files to external persons by either creating and sending links, or by inviting the external person to the FAUbox.
- Uploading big zip-files with the drag & drop method does not always work. The producer has already been informed of this error and is working to fix the problem with the next update. You can circumvent the problem by uploading the files via desktop-client, or splitting the larger zip-files into several smaller ones.
- Some users encounter an “unknown error” in OnlyOffice while trying to open .docx-files in the cloud. This is a browser error and has only been associated with Mozilla Firefox until now. You can fix the problem by deleting the browser-cache and restarting Firefox.
- If the FAUbox-Client is installed in Windows by an Administrator, it may lead to other users not being able to use the client at all. If that is the case, the Windows Explorer usually generates five error messages with the following texts: ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library’ and ‘Runtime Error! Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE …’
This error shows however only on some computers.
- You can re-install Visual C Redistibutables (this sometimes fixes the problem)
- You do not install the FAUbox-Shell-Extensions during the installation process (this always fixes the problem)
- WebDAV in Windows 7 sometimes causes windows-errors (it has nothing to do with the FAUbox ). Microsoft is not going to fix this problem.
- The client rejects the authentication token. If the server rejects the authentication token and the client does not realize this, it will not be able to connect successfully. If this happens, then:
- Close the client.
- Delete the data
- Restart the client and log in.
Please note that the authentication token has an expiry date and has to be renewed afterwards.
In case your problem and its solution was not listed above, you may find it in the FAQs.
If the problem remains or you notice something not working as it is supposed to, then please contact us via email@example.com. Do not try to solve this yourself since we have more options and methods to solve problems.