Installing on Linux
This guide describes how to install the FAUbox client on a Linux based operating system.
You can find more information about the requirements of the desktop-client concerning the hardware, operating systems and other software that is presupposed, here.
1.1. Repository for Debian
For Debian we offer a repository where you can find the newest FAUbox client:
To add our PPA on Homespun to your source list, you should do the following:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys D07F25B4253A0D89
echo „deb [arch=amd64] http://homespun.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ubuntu xenial main“ | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rrze-homespun.list
echo „deb [arch=amd64] http://homespun.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ubuntu bionic main“ | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rrze-homespun.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install faubox
You can find the newest version of the server by clicking on the following link:
1.2 To download the Linux-package of the FAUbox:
If you don’t want to use the repository you can install the FAUbox client by following these steps:
Installing 32-bit Libraries:
On some 64-bit flavours of common Linux distribution you need to install 32-bit libraries for the client to start, since we only deliver the 32-bit runtime environment with the client.
Installing 32-bit libraries using apt-get: apt-get install ia32-libs
Installing 32-bit libraries using yum: yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i686 libXext.i686 libXrender.i686 libXtst.i686
- Visit the FAUbox Webinterface.
- Click on the Download button underneath Linux and select the suitable package for your device and operating system.
- Click on Save File in order to download the package.
2. To extract the Linux tarball:
- Extract the package you downloaded by opening the applications or the download list of your browser.
- Click on Install.
- A wizard will open up, asking for your password in order to legitimate the installation. Afterwards click on Authenticate.
- Wait until installation process is finished.
3. To adjust the FAUbox client:
- Start the client by clicking on the FAUbox desktop shortcut.
- The client will now open up and shortly afterwards the login wizard will open as well. Enter your username and password and click on Next to log in.
- Close the login-wizard when it is connected to the server.