This guide describes how to install FAUbox Client on Linux based operating systems.
1a. Repository for Debian
For Debian we offer a repository, where you can find the newest FAUbox client:
To add our PPA on Homespun to your sources list, you should do the following:
sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-keys D07F25B4253A0D89
echo „deb [arch=amd64] http://homespun.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ubuntu xenial main“ | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rrze-homespun.list
echo „deb [arch=amd64] http://homespun.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ubuntu bionic main“ | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rrze-homespun.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install faubox
You find the newest version on the server:
The following lines describe the procedure, if you don’t want to use the repository:
1b. Download the FAUbox Linux tarball
Installing 32-bit Libraries:
On some 64-bit flavours of common Linux distribution you need to install 32-bit libraries for the client to start, since we only deliver the 32-bit runtime environment with the client.
Installing 32-bit libraries using apt-get: apt-get install ia32-libs
Installing 32-bit libraries using yum: yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i686 libXext.i686 libXrender.i686 libXtst.i686
- Click on the following link https://faubox.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/login to visit the webinterface of FAUbox.
- Click on Download for the Linux package and choose the appropriate package, regarding to your computer and your operating system.
- Click on Save file in order to download the package.
2. Extract the Linux tarball
- Extract the package you downloaded before by using the applications or your downloads (Example: Mozilla Firefox).
- Click on Install.
- A wizard will open up, asking for your password to complete the installation. Afterwards click on Authenticate.
- Wait until the process of installation is completed.
3. Adjust the FAUbox-client
- Now you can start your FAUbox-client by clicking on the FAUbox-symbole.
- While the client is starting, please wait until the login-wizard opens up to continue. Afterwards, enter your username and your password to login.
- Enter your organization, username and password. Then press the Return key.
- Now the login-wizard is connecting to the server. Close the login-wizard (press Cancel).
If the client looks like on the image below…
- Click on password required. (note: the top line should say “logging in…”).
- Now you have to enter the password to your users account. Afterwards, you will get a notification saying “Login Successful”.
- Your login was successful and the FAUbox-client will show your folders. Now you can use the FAUbox client.
Our Quickstart Guide will help you setting up folders and invite other persons to them.
Client Update on Linux