This guide describes how to install FAUbox Client on Linux based operating systems.
1a. Repository for Debian
For Debian we offer a repository, where you can find the newest FAUbox client:
To add our PPA on Homespun to your sources list, you should do the following:
sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-keys D07F25B4253A0D89
echo „deb [arch=amd64] http://homespun.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ubuntu xenial main“ | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rrze-homespun.list
echo „deb [arch=amd64] http://homespun.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ubuntu bionic main“ | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rrze-homespun.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install faubox
You find the newest version on the server:
The following lines describe the procedure, if you don’t want to use the repository:
1b. Download the FAUbox Linux tarball
Installing 32-bit Libraries:
On some 64-bit flavours of common Linux distribution you need to install 32-bit libraries for the client to start, since we only deliver the 32-bit runtime environment with the client.
Installing 32-bit libraries using apt-get: apt-get install ia32-libs
Installing 32-bit libraries using yum: yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i686 libXext.i686 libXrender.i686 libXtst.i686
- Click on the following link https://faubox.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/login to visit the webinterface of FAUbox.
- Click on Download Clients in the upper left corner.
- Click on Show all Linux packages and choose the appropriate package, regarding to your computer and your operating system.
- Click on Save file in order to download the package.
2. Extract the Linux tarball
- Extract the package you downloaded before by using the applications or your downloads (Example: Mozilla Firefox).
- Click on Install.
- A wizard will open up, asking for your password to complete the installation. Afterwards click on Authenticate.
- Wait until the process of installation is completed.
3. Adjust the FAUbox-client
- Now you can start your FAUbox-client by clicking on the FAUbox-symbole.
- While the client is starting, please wait until the login-wizard opens up to continue. Afterwards, enter your username and your password to login.
- Enter your organization, username and password. Then press the Return key.
- Now the login-wizard is connecting to the server. Close the login-wizard (press Cancel).
If the client looks like on the image below…
- Click on password required. (note: the top line should say “logging in…”).
- Now you have to enter the password to your users account. Afterwards, you will get a notification saying “Login Successful”.
- Your login was successful and the FAUbox-client will show your folders. Now you can use the FAUbox client.
Our Quickstart Guide will help you setting up folders and invite other persons to them.