This guide describes how to install the FAUbox client on a MAC OS X based operating system.
You can find more information about the requirements of the desktop-client in terms of hardware, operating system and other software that is presupposed, here.
1. To download the FAUbox application package:
1.1 To download the application package on a device supervised by the RRZE:
If you have a Mac device that is supervised by the RRZE, then you should use the FAUmac Self-Service to download the application package and install the FAUbox client. In case you want to install the client on a self supervised devide, skip this section and follow the instruction on the next section.
1. Select the FAUmac Self-Service.
2. Now the FAUmac Self Service window is displayed. Select the Software Dienstprogramme.
3. Select the FAUbox icon in the program list.
4. Download the appropriate FAUbox package by selecting Install.
5. Now wait until the installation is completed and click on Close.
6. The installation is now completed. If the FAUbox client doesn’t start automatically, you can open it via your Finder (Applications).
1.2 To download the application package on a self supervised device:
The instruction on this section shows you how to download the application package on a self supervised device.
1. Visit the FAUbox Webinterface and click on Clients.
2. Click on the Download button underneath Mac to download the application package.
2. To open the application package and finish the installation:
1. Open the application package you’ve just downloaded (e. g. via the download view of the web browser you have used).
2. Select Accept after you have carefully read the license terms.
3. Wait until the program has opened and the installation is completed.
4. Add the FAUbox client to the Launchpad by moving it to the folder Applications.
6. Afterwards the following warning may show up.
Not every file for which you receive a warning is actually harmful. In case of the FAUbox we are very focused on its security therefore you can click on Open without worry. In general, however, it is important that you trust the website from which you are downloadng the files from and that you actually want to them.
7. Done! The installation is now completed and the client is ready to be used!