The client offers the possibility to start minimized to the task bar.
Starting minimized in Windows
To start the client minimized using Windows:
- Install the FAUbox application.
- Right click the FAUbox shortcut, and click on Properties:
- Simply add “-m” in the text field next to Target. For example:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerFolder\FAUbox\FAUbox.exe” -m
- Save the changes by clicking on OK.
- FAUbox will now start minimized with every new Windows session.
Starting minimized in Mac
To start the client minimized using Mac OS:
- Click on the Apple logo.
- Click on System Preferences…
- Click on Users & Groups
- Select the correct profile from the left pane.
- Click on Login Items.
- Check the Hide checkbox next to the FAUbox application.
- FAUbox will now start minimized with every new session.
Starting minimized in Linux
To start the client minimized using Linux follow these steps:
- Start the FAUbox-client.
- Open the Terminal.
- Type in the following command line and press Return:
“ps -ef |grep -i java”
- Copy the following text section:
- Post the copied text section into the terminal. At the end of the command line, press space and add ” -m” :
- Press Return/Enter.
- If you add the “&” symbol at the end of the command line (with space before it), the terminal will execute the process in the background.
The FAUbox client can also be started minimized in a Linux system with the help of an external utility tool. You can find detailed installation instructions here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Devilspie.